Union City Redevelopment Agency ("UCRA") Request for Proposals From Individuals or Firms Interested in Providing "Auditing Services" for the UCRA for the Period January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016
Pursuant to the Fair and Open Process described under N.J.S.A. 19:44A-1, et seq., the UCRA seeks Requests for Proposals ("RFPs") for the provision of "Auditing Services" for a contract period beginning on January 1, 2016, and ending on December 31, 2016. All candidates are required to comply with N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27 as amended. (Affirmative Action). Each candidate shall submit proof of business registration with the New Jersey Division of Taxation (P.L. 2004, C.57). The successful candidate must have significant experience in public sector auditing. The successful candidate also will provide the UCRA with consulting services related, but not necessarily limited to:
1. Making routine investigations, examinations, and providing annual audits of books and financial records and preparing reports thereof as required by law;
2. Making inspections of varied financial transactions and records to ensure that concerned regulations and accounting procedures are observed;
3. Compiling financial and other statements and reports using basic data;
4. Making periodic reviews of financial transactions and supplementing these reviews by field visits to verify accounting and fiscal practices;
5. Preparing detailed reports of audits containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations;
6. Maintaining essential auditing records and files;
7. Learning to utilize or utilizing various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units;
8. Any other thing necessary and proper for completion of your duties; and
9. Any other matter as directed by the UCRA.
Professional Information, Qualifications and Proposals
Copies of this standardized submission requirements and selection criteria are on file and available from the Office of the City Clerk. Each interested firm shall submit the following information:
1. Name of Firm;
2. Address of principal place of business and all other offices and corresponding telephone and fax numbers. Please note specifically which auditors will be assigned to work with the UCRA;
3. Areas of Practice;
4. Description of auditor's education, experience, qualifications, number of years with the firm and a description of their experience with projects similar to those described in this RFP;
5. Experience related to public sector auditing, and in particular, experience auditing redevelopment agencies and grant funded public projects.
6. At least four (4) references, three (3) of which must have knowledge of your service to a public entity;
7. The auditor's ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff);
8. Cost details, including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform the services and the time estimates for each individual, all expenses, and where appropriate, total cost of "not to exceed" amount; and
9. Any other information which the interested firm deems relevant.
10. Statement of Corporate Ownership (c.52:25-24.2).
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or agreement for professional services as described herein shall include:
1. Qualifications of the individuals who will perform the tasks and the amounts of their respective participation;
2. Experience and references: Experience must include prior audits of and work with Redevelopment Agencies and familiarity with the reporting requirements / record keeping requirements of the New Jersey Schools Development Authority; including any special audit requirements for grant funds administered through those agencies;
3. Ability to perform the task in a timely fashion, including staffing and familiarity with the subject matter; and
4. Cost competitiveness.
Sealed RFP submissions will be publicly opened on December 11, 2015 at 2:00 o'clock p.m., by the Municipal Clerk of the City of Union City in her/his office at City Hall, 3715 Palisades Avenue, Union City. Sealed submissions must be received by no later than the above stated time and date by:
Dominik Cantatore, Acting City Clerk
City of Union City
3715 Palisade Avenue
Union City, New Jersey 07087
Please submit one original and three (3) copies of the RFP. Use white 8½ "x11" paper and mark clearly, on the outside of the envelope: “Response to RFP -Auditing Services-Union City Redevelopment Agency-Public Open on December 11, 2015.
Issue Date: 12/01/2015
Issue Time: 12:45 PM
Submission Date: 12/11/2015
Submission Time: 2:00 PM